Sunday, February 21, 2010

1995 Hike in the Smokies


I've been cleaning out my closet this evening and came across this picture. I remember the day and taking this picture as we were hiking up to Abrams Falls. As I recall, when we got up to the Falls, Brian, David and Emily dove in and went swimming. It was springtime and the water wasn't warm. We didn't bring any changes of clothes, but it seems everyone was pretty proud of their accomplishment and that seemed to compensate for their shiverin'! Well, that's the way I remember it.

I'm glad we did fun things like go hiking in the Smokies as a family--and am especially that our teenagers would come with us. Look! They even appear to be happy.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I'm impressed by my fanny pack. I forgot what good taste I had. I remember changing out of my wet shirt and into my sweatshirt after jumping in the water, while the family made a wall around me so other folks couldn't see. I also remember that hiking in wet jeans isn't pleasant. Man that was cold water!

eNJay & B said...

the fanny pack is impressive. as is brian's cut-off tee.

some time i'd like to hike to go on this hike. i was just thinking over christmastime how i'd never been there.

eNJay & B said...

Funny how styles haven't changed all that much. This Christmas my sister gave me a shirt that's in the same style genre as the shirt David's wearing.

That Abram's Falls hike is a good hike. That was a fun time when we went in the picture. My favorite time was when I was a Cub Scout and mom took the den to Abrams Falls and all of us climbed to the top of the falls and played in the stream up there. Ah, the cold cold water. I'm so jealous of trout.

Whitney said...

Michael's boots are so huge! Did those fit his feet?

The Grandmother Here said...

That's how I remember your kids. Don't tell me they are professors and lawyers and so forth. ~~ Diana Bobo