Saturday, September 6, 2008

Summer Vacation


This summer Roland and I vacationed to Arches National Park, Mesa Verde National Park and Denver. We had such a wonderful time. Here you can see Cathy standing in front of Delicate Arch. I really didn't realize how massive it was until I saw this picture of me standing there in front of it!! The hike to up the this arch was fantastic. We got up early so it wouldn't be unbearably hot. One of the most intriguing things to me about Arches is the quietness of the place. I didn't know that stillness could be so very pleasant.

1 comment:

eNJay & B said...

I remember when you were out here and talking about how the license plates on the cars don't do the arch justice. Now I know what you were talking about--I had forgotten how BIG that arch is. You're so small next to it. B