Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ain't Misbehavin'



Thursday evening Roland and went to a performance at the Clarence Brown Theater on UT campus. We were entertained by the 1930s composer, Fats Waller's music. He wrote popular songs like Ain't Misbehavin', Your Feet's Too Big, I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter--and many more. I was surprised by how many of his songs I was familiar with. These were songs I learned as a child, but had no idea where they came from! The songs were all performed by five vocalists--what a stupendous show! If you ever get the opportunity to see this musical, I highly recommend it. To see Fats perform some of his own music, go to You Tube. You'll be glad you did!

1 comment:

eNJay & B said...

Sounds like a great time. Glad you and dad got out and did that.