Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Mason Break!

 
This picture is taken on the Hobble Creek trail near our house. When we're on this trail, he often walks without his leash. He enjoys a little off leash time and I like the way he can discover his surroundings, but yet stays close by. Not too many people are on this trail and there's no danger of him running out into the road to chase a vehicle. That's a new hobby of his since we moved here to Springville and one that I wish he hadn't developed. 
 Here he's posing with his new llama toy. One day he was pulling all his toys out of his toy box as if he was looking for a particular toy. Then after all the toys were laying out on the floor, he laid down beside them and looked at me as if to say, "I don't want to play with any of these. I need a new toy!" He enjoys his llama. He's chewed off the string on top and seems to like he crinkle fabric inside it.
 He loves riding in the car. Sometimes he sticks his head out the window to catch all the smells. Sometimes he's in the back and sometimes he chooses the front.
 The day before Michael's arrival this summer, Brian called me and asked to speak with Mason. I explained that he was napping on the couch, but I could take a message. This was the first time anyone had called to speak with Mason! Brian insisted that he needed to speak with him, so I took the phone to Mason and Brian said to a lounging Mason, "Michael is coming soon!" And then Mason rose, got on the back of the chair to look out the window." Where is Michael? Mason understands so much of what's going on around him, and that is his usual response when we tell Michael is coming.
 I go over to check on our neighbor's dog, Petey, sometimes when they're traveling and I typically take Mason with me. This is one of those visits. Petey is always happy to share his dinner with Mason. And though it's dry food, something Mason won't usually touch, he's always happy to eat with Petey.
And here he is taking a little rest--after a day of walks, treats and lounging about. My mother made the pink afghan for my daughters many years ago and they both enjoyed it as toddlers. I'm sure my mom would be delighted to know that we have Mason and the afghan is one of his favorites. She, too, had a little white dog when her children were grown. She'd be glad to know I had one, too.

1 comment:

Emily said...

This is a very sweet post.