Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Glimpses of Happy Days!

 Christmas 2017 was memorable and sweet. There were lots of cameras around, so I opted to let others take the pictures and as a result I have very few pictures! Above you can see my kitchen Santa, which was a gift from my friend, Chantal, a couple years back, surround by little jars of a variety of honeys we found at Trader Joe's. They made a sweet treat that didn't have to be consumed immediately and could be enjoyed at one's leisure. When Roland handed this small gift to one of his friends, his friend commented, "I'm relieved! I was worried! But upon closer examination, I see that it's not a little bottle of whiskey!"
 Emily, Chris and Michael traveled to Utah to enjoy Christmas with us. And we also enjoyed an extended family gathering with Jo and Beth Roberts and Maren Anderson and her sons. We all gathered in Springville to enjoy a meal then headed up to see the Christmas exhibits at Thanksgiving Point. We have a friend who was nice enough to provide discounted tickets. We had such fun time and at the end our family shared a fire pit to toast marshmallows and eat s'mores. Above you can see a picture of Jo Roberts and me enjoying the evening together.
 Before Emily, Chris and Michael had to return to their homes in Nashville and Fargo, we took off to Makan Makan, a Indonesian Restaurant located in Sandy. For the second time in this post, I feel I must clarify what's inside the bottles. Kecap Manis is a favorite sauce from Indonesia and we bought several bottles!
Shortly after Christmas, Reagan celebrated her 5th birthday. Oh, we are soooo in love with this little girl and her sisters, too! I was able to catch this moment with my camera. And sitting just inside the frame, is their dog, Porter. That's kind of the way Porter was, always there, but never asking for lots of attention. What a nice dog he was. Shortly after this picture was taken, he was hit by a car and died soon thereafter. That was sad.

This is just a glimpse of the happenings, but so grateful for the blessing of family and friends.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I’m so glad you updated your blog! These are great memories.