Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Chef Michael


I came in from a busy day of tapping and visiting teaching to find Michael in the kitchen following a recipe he had on his ipod for making bagels from scratch! This is the third solo kitchen experience he's had. He finds his motivation in baking to share with the students in a math class at UT. He first baked brownies, next chocolate chip cookies. Both were big hits in his class and with dad and me, too. But I am especially impressed that he has made such delicious bagels. Working with yeast can be tricky! He needed to form the bagel, let them rise, boil them, and finally bake them. They were scrumptious! Lucky Math Class!

4 comments:

Whitney said...

I had no idea Michael could bake like that!

eNJay & B said...

But I always knew he could strike a pose like that. N and I laughed about this when we read it. W said Mister Buddy's probably just baking it so he can eat it himself. But we told him no, Mister Buddy is baking it to take to fellow students in his classes. W laughed about that. Why is it funny? I don't know but it is. B

Cate said...

I believe he got started baking for this small math class last semester when he was late for class one day and the instructor said it was okay, he just needed to bring cookies next time he was late. Now, I don't know if he's late every time he brings a treat. But I believe that's how it got started. Brian and Whitney, maybe you could get some good food brought to your classes?? But I think you could only say it to a male student. :)

Emily said...

Michael Buddy is a real team player!