Sunday, March 20, 2016

All the Beautiful of Walks in Lovely Knoxville!

I originally added this post on March 20, 2016. But this evening (April 19, 2017), I saw that all the pictures and the script had disappeared! All that remained were the comments made.  Here's an attempt to recreate this post. I loved taking walks in Knoxville. There were so many lovely trails and places to go. When I lived in Belmont West, I never really ventured out of the neighborhood for walks. But Treymour Village was a very small neighborhood, so I ventured out. And such beautiful sights there were to see!


The dogwoods in spring at the walking trail near the Farragut library.

Same place, different view.
                                    


The three pictures above were taken at the path near the soccer field that is across the street from the dog park.  The view of the lake always beautiful, but always different. It's amazing that I could enjoy this view in solitude so many times. 






The pictures above were taken on a trail right next to the dog park. I loved walking on this trail. These pictures show it during different seasons.

This picture was taken as I was walking on Westland, very near to our home. It's hard to imagine all the traffic that was behind me as I took this picture. It's so pastoral--but in the upper left corner you can see the telephone wires.

Just a short walk from our home was a loop that could make me feel I was in the country. 
This picture was taken in a neighborhood not far from Treymour Village that set on a hill. It's a mountain view, but only because I aimed the camera high--leaving out the homes.
                                 
This, too, was taken at a popular park with a walking trail located in Farragut. I'll have to come back when I remember this park's name and insert it!

This picture was taken at a park one exit south of our exit. There was trail here, too. The lake was always a favorite of mine.





The three pictures above show one of my favorite walking buddies. How blessed we were to able to find such beautiful and exciting places to go for walks together. And I always felt blessed when other family and friends would join me, too.

5 comments:

Whitney said...

Mom, you're making me homesick! Stop it! :)

Whitney said...

Mom, you're making me homesick! Stop it! :)

eNJay & B said...

Mom these pics are great! I like the one especially with the clouds reflecting in the water.

eNJay & B said...

these are lovely. and such a great way to remember the places you love. i think it is truly a blessing to live in a place that you love. the connections i feel to places is definitely among my most treasured relationships!

Emily said...

This is such a great post. I'm so happy I've been able to walk Belmont West and these places with you in Knoxville.